Bussage is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Gloucestershire, created in 1848 from Bisley Ancient Parish.
Parish church: St. Michael
Parish registers begin: 1848 (Bishop’s Transcripts)
Nonconformists include: Baptist
Parishes adjacent to Bussage
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BUSSAGE, a chapelry in Bisley parish, Gloucester; adjacent to the Cheltenham and Western Union railway, 3 miles E of Stroud. Post Town, Chalford, under Stroud. Pop., 312. Houses, 73. The chapelry was constituted in 1848. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £30. Patron, the Bishop of Gloucester and Bristol.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Stroud
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Stonehouse
- Poor Law Union: Stroud
- Hundred: Bisley
- Province: Canterbury