Bream is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Gloucestershire, created in 1752 from Newland Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin: 1752
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Parishes adjacent to Bream
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
Bream, or Breem, a tything in Newland parish, and a chapelry in Newland and West Dean parishes, Gloucester. The tything lies in Dean forest, 3 miles NW of Lydney r. station, and 3 ¾ SSE of Coleford. Pop., 824. Houses, 154. The chapelry was constituted in 1854; and this post-town is Lydney. Pop., 2,083. Houses, 404. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £155. Patron, the Bishop.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Breem, 3 m. S.E. Colford. P. 441
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Monmouth
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 – Court of the Bishop of Hereford, Post-1541 – Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Forest
- Poor Law Union: Monmouth
- Hundred: St Briavels
- Province: Canterbury