Coln Rogers, Gloucestershire Family History Guide
Coln Rogers is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1755
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Independent/Congregational.
Parishes adjacent to Coln Rogers
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COLN-ROGERS, a parish in Northleach district, Gloucester; on the river Colne, 4 miles SSW of Northleach, and 7 NE by N of Cirencester r. station. Post town, Northleach, under Cheltenham. Acres, 1,508. Real property, £1,502. Pop., 116. Houses, 28. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £225. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Gloucester. The church is old but good. Charities, £6.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Coln-Rogers, 3 m. S.W. Northleach. P. 137
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Marriages at Coln Rogers 1755-1812
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Northleach
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 – Gloucester, Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Northleach
- Poor Law Union: Northleach
- Hundred: Bradley
- Province: Canterbury