Coln St Dennis is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Other places included in the parish: Calcot (or Calcut).
Alternative names: Coln St Denis
Parish church: St. James
Parish registers begin: 1561
Parishes adjacent to Coln St Dennis
- Hampnett with Stowell
- Coln Rogers
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COLN-ST. DENIS, a parish in Northleach district, Gloucester; on the river Colne, near the Fosse way, 3 miles SSW of Nortlhleach, and 8 NE by N of Cirencester r. station. Post town, Northleach, under Cheltenham. Acres, 2,430. Real property, £2,513. Pop., 206. Houses, 45. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £400. Patron, Pembroke College, Oxford. The church is Norman and good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Coln (St. Dennis), 2½ miles S.W. Northleach. P. 200
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Northleach
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 – Gloucester, Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Northleach
- Poor Law Union: Northleach
- Hundred: Deerhurst
- Province: Canterbury