Ettingshall Staffordshire Family History Guide
Alternative names: Ettinghall
Parish registers begin: 1835
Nonconformists include: Particular Baptist, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Ettingshall
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ETTINGSHALL, a hamlet in Sedgley parish and a chapelry in Sedgley and Wolverhampton parishes, Stafford. The hamlet lies near the Birmingham and Stafford railway, 2 miles SSE of Wolverhampton; and has a station, of the name of Ettingshall Road, on the railway, and a post office under Wolverhampton. The chapelry includes the hamlet, and was constituted in 1841. Pop., 3,210. Houses, 626. The property is not much divided. Many of the inhabitants are miners. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £200. Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. The church was built in 1838; stands over the mines; is constructed partly of timber; and contains 926 sittings.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Staffordshire
- Civil Registration District: Dudley
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Himley
- Poor Law Union: Dudley, Wolverhampton
- Hundred: North Seisdon
- Province: Canterbury