Last Updated on
Edensor is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1846 from Longton Ecclesiastical Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Lane End.
Parish registers begin: 1849
Parishes adjacent to Edensor
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EDENSOR, a chapelry in Stoke-up-Trent parish, Stafford; on the North Stafford railway, adjacent to Longton station, 2¾ miles SSE of Stoke-upon-Trent. It comprises part of Lane-End and Longton townships; and was constituted in 1846. Post town, Longton, under Stoke-upon-Trent. Pop., 4, 943. Houses, 951. The property is not much divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £300. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Family History Links
- County: Staffordshire
- Civil Registration District: Stoke upon Trent
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Stoke upon Trent
- Poor Law Union: Stoke on Trent
- Hundred: North Pirehill
- Province: Canterbury