Edensor Staffordshire Family History Guide

Last Updated on

Edensor is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1846 from Longton Ecclesiastical Parish.

Other places in the parish include: Lane End.

Parish church:

Parish registers begin: 1849

Nonconformists include:

Parishes adjacent to Edensor

Historical Descriptions

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

EDENSOR, a chapelry in Stoke-up-Trent parish, Stafford; on the North Stafford railway, adjacent to Longton station, 2¾ miles SSE of Stoke-upon-Trent. It comprises part of Lane-End and Longton townships; and was constituted in 1846. Post town, Longton, under Stoke-upon-Trent. Pop., 4, 943. Houses, 951. The property is not much divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £300. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church is good.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Family History Links

FamilySearch Historical Records

Administration

  • County: Staffordshire
  • Civil Registration District: Stoke upon Trent
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Lichfield
  • Rural Deanery: Stoke upon Trent
  • Poor Law Union: Stoke on Trent
  • Hundred: North Pirehill
  • Province: Canterbury