Halfshire Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Halfshire – the name of a hundred in the north-east part of the county; containing in the upper division, Bromsgrove, Church-Lench, Cofton-Hacket, Dodderhill, Doverdale, Droitwich, part of Crowle, Elmbridge, Feckenham, Grafton-Manor, Hadsor, Hampton-Lovett, Kings-Norton, Kington, Northfield, Salwarp, Tardebigg, and Upton-Warren; and in the lower division, Belbroughton, Chaddesley-Corbet, Churchill, Cradley, Dudley, Elmley-Lovett, Frankley, Hagley, Kidderminster (Borough and Foreign), Lutley, Mitton (Upper and Lower), Old Swinford, Pedmore, Rushock, Stone, Stourbridge, Stourport, and Warley-Wigorn. The upper division containing 3364 inhabited houses, and 25,029 inhabitants; and the lower division, 8996 inhabited houses, and 51,660 inhabitants.
Places within Halfshire Hundred
- Chaddesley Corbett
- Churchill (Near Kidderminster)
- Cofton Hackett
- Elmley Lovett
- Grafton Manor
- Hampton Lovett
- King’s Norton
- Old Swinford
- Stoke Prior, Worcestershire
- Upton Warren
- Yardley Worcestershire
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.