Guarlford, formerly a chapelry to Great Malvern, is an ecclesiastical parish formed out of the parishes of Madresfield and Great Malvern in 1866. It is situated below Barnard’s green and between Powick and Hanley Castle, 2 miles E. of Malvern and 6 S. of Worcester.
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin: 1844
Parishes adjacent to Guarlford
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
GUARLFORD, a chapelry in Great Malvern parish, Worcester. Pop., 628. The living is a rectory. Value, £337. Patron, Earl Beauchamp.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Upton upon Severn
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Powick
- Poor Law Union: Upton upon Severn
- Hundred: Pershore
- Province: Canterbury