Cowley Gloucestershire Family History Guide
Cowley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish church: St Mary
Parish registers begin: 1676
Nonconformists include: Baptist
Parishes adjacent to Cowley
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COWLEY, a parish in Cheltenham district, Gloucester; on Ermine-street, under the Cotswolds, 5½ miles S by E of Cheltenham. Post town, Colesborne, under Cheltenham. Acres, 1,834. Real property, £2,427. Pop., 311. Houses, 68. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £322. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is old but good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Cowley, 8m. N.W. Cirencester. P. 317.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Cheltenham
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 – Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Stonehouse
- Poor Law Union: Cheltenham
- Hundred: Rapsgate
- Province: Canterbury