Last Updated on
Duntisbourne Rouse is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Alternative names: Duntisbourne Rous
Parish registers begin: 1545
Parishes adjacent to Duntisbourne Rouse
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DUNTISBORNE-ROUSE, a parish in Cirencester district, Gloucester; adjacent to Ermine-street, 4 miles NNW of Cirencester town and r. station. Post town, Daglingworth, under Cirencester. Acres, 1,730. Real property, £1,889. Pop., 127. Houses, 30. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £243. Patron, Christ church college, Oxford. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Duntsbourn-Rouse, a parish in the hund. of Crowthorne and Minety, union of Cirencester, county of Gloucester; 4 miles south-south-west or Cirencester. Living, a rectory, formerly in the archd. and dio. of Gloucester, now in the archd. of Bristol and dio. of Gloucester and Bristol; valued at £8 14s. 9d.; gross income £250; in the patronage of Corpus Christi church college, Oxford. There are a daily and a Sunday school in this parish. Acres 1,730. Houses 21. A.P. £1,505. Pop., in 1801, 93; in 1831, 126. Poor rates, in 1837, £39
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Marriages at Duntisbourne Rous, 1549 to 1837
Note. – Volume I consists of forty parchment leaves and three paper fly-leaves, all of practically the same size, 5 ½ in. by 12 in. The book contains entries of Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, in chronological order, from 1545 to 1752, and of Baptisms and Burials only from 1753 to 1761. The binding is modern, and consists of boards covered with a soft leather, believed to be chamois, with neat indented ornamentation running round the edges of the front and reverse, and in gold lettering on thin black leather the inscription : “Duntesborne Knights Parish Register, for 1545 to 1762”. The first ten and a half leaves are authenticated by Richard Woodward, Minister, comprising entries from 1545 to 1620; the transcription by apparently the same hand, presumably his, being very neat. The volume is throughout in excellent preservation, and the records are generally clear and legible.
Volumes II and III are of the usual printed forms of their respective periods.
Volume IV is still in use.
These extracts have been made by and are now printed under the supervision of the Rev. A. O. Trotter, Rector of Winstone and Duntisbourne Rous
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Cirencester
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 – Gloucester, Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Cirencester
- Poor Law Union: Cirencester
- Hundred: Crowthorne and Minety
- Province: Canterbury