Southrop is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish church: St. Peter
Parish registers begin: 1656
Parishes adjacent to Southrop
- Eastleach Turville
- Eastleach Martin
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SOUTHROP, a parish, with a village, in Northleach district, Gloucester; 3 miles NNW of Lechlade, and 12 S by E of Bourton-on-the-Water r. station. Post town, Lechlade, under Swindon. Acres, 1,453. Real property, £2,407. Pop., 362. Houses, 79. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £210. Patron, Wadham College, Oxford. The church is Norman and early English, and was repaired in 1852. There are a parochial school, and charities £7.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Marriages at Southrop 1656-1837
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Northleach
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 – Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Fairford
- Poor Law Union: Northleach
- Hundred: Brightwells Barrow
- Province: Canterbury