Alternative names: Bridge Solers, Bridge Sollars
Parish church: St Andrew
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1615
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1660
Parishes adjacent to Bridge Sollers
- Mansel Lacy
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BRIDGE-SOLLARS, a parish in Weobly district, Herefordshire; on Offa’s dyke, the river Wye, and the Hereford and Brecon railway, 1½ mile WNW of Credenhill station, and 6 WNW of Hereford. Post Town, Bishopstone, under Hereford. Acres, 768. Real property, £1,329. Pop., 62. Houses, 10. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £100. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is early decorated English, and good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Bridge-Sollers, a parish in the hund. of Grimsworth, union of Weobley, county of Hereford; 6 miles west-north-west of Hereford: on the banks of the river Wye, over which there is a ferry here. Living, a discharged vicarage in the archd. and dio. of Hereford; valued at £3 10s., and rated in the parliamentary returns at £102; gross income £100. Patron, in 1835, Sir J. G. Cotterell, Bart. Pop., in 1801, 53; in 1831, 71. Houses 12. Acres 740. A. P. £1,159. Poor rates, in 1837, £104.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Bridge-Sollers, 6 m. N.W. Hereford. P. 65
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Weobley
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Weobley
- Poor Law Union: Weobley
- Hundred: Grimsworth
- Province: Canterbury