Last Updated on
Byford is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Civil parish: Byford
Parish church: St John the Baptist
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1660
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1661
Parishes adjacent to Byford
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BYFORD, a parish in Weobly district, Herefordshire; on the river Wey, and the Hereford and Brecon railway, near Moorhampton station, 7½ miles WNW of Hereford. Post Town, Bishopstone, under Hereford. Acres, 903. Real property, £1,787. Pop., 201. Houses, 42. The property is not much divided; and belongs chiefly to Sir H. Cotterell, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £195. Patron, Sir H. G. Cotterell, Bart. The church is old, but very good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Byford, 7 m. N.W. Hereford. P. 236
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Weobley
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Weobley
- Poor Law Union: Weobley
- Hundred: Grimsworth
- Province: Canterbury