Canon Pyon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Alternative names: Canon Pion
Parish church: St Lawrence
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1707
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
Parishes adjacent to Canon Pyon
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CANON-PYON, a parish in Weobly district, Hereford; 4 miles SE of Weobly, and 4½ WNW of Moreton r. station. It has a post office under Hereford. Acres, 3,706. Real property, £5,630. Pop., 768. Houses, 172. The property is much subdivided. Canon-Pyon House is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, not reported. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Hereford. The church is early English, in tolerable condition; and has a large old font and a screen.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Canon-Pion, 8 m. N.W. Hereford. P. 681
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Weobley
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Dean of Hereford
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Hereford
- Poor Law Union: Weobley
- Hundred: Grimsworth
- Province: Canterbury