Haywood, Herefordshire Family History Guide



Haywood is an extra-parochial place in the county of Hereford; 3¾ miles south-south-west of Hereford.

Parishes adjacent to Haywood

  • Dewsall
  • Much Dewchurch
  • Callow
  • Upper and Lower Bullinghope with Grafton
  • Clehonger
  • Allensmore
  • Hereford St John the Baptist

Historical Descriptions

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

HAYWOOD, or HAYWOOD-FOREST, an extra-parochial liberty in the district and county of Hereford; on the Hereford and Abergavenny railway, 3½ miles SSW of Hereford. Acres, 1,395. Real property, £1,562. Pop., 102. Houses, 22.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851

Haywood, an extra-parochial liberty in the upper division of the hund. of Wormelow, county of Hereford; 3¾ miles south-south-west of Hereford, in the line of the Abergavenny and Hereford railway. Hops have been annually cultivated in this parish to the extent of 35 acres. Acres 1,650. Houses 8. Pop., in 1801, 68 , in 1831, 53.

Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.

Haywood Forest The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851

Haywood-Forest, an extra-parochial district in the hund. of Webtree, county of Hereford. Acres 1,030. Houses 9. Pop., in 1801, 80; in 1831, 73.

Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.

Directories

Haywood Cassey Directory of Herefordshire 1858

Administration

  • County: Herefordshire
  • Civil Registration District: Hereford
  • Probate Court: Search the courts of the surrounding parishes
  • Diocese: Not Applicable
  • Rural Deanery: Not Applicable
  • Poor Law Union: Hereford
  • Hundred: Webtree
  • Province: Canterbury