Leinthall Earles is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Herefordshire, created in 1756 from a chapelry in Aymestrey Parish.
Alternative names: Leinthall Earls
Parish church: St. Andrew
Parish registers begin: 1766
Parishes adjacent to Leinthall Earles
- Richard’s Castle
- Leinthall Starkes
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Leinthall-Earls, a chapelry in Aymestrey parish, Hereford; 4¼ miles NW of Berrington and Eye r. station, and 6 SW of Ludlow. Post town, Wiginore, under Kingsland, Herefordshire. The statistics are returned with the parish. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £64. Patron, the Vicar of Aymestrey. The church is small; and there is a slightly endowed school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Earls-Lenthall, incl. in Aymestry
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1831
LEINTHALL (EARLS), a chapelry in that part of the parish of Aymestrey which is in the hundred of Wigmore, county of Hereford, 7 miles (S. W.) from Ludlow. The population is returned with the parish. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, endowed with £600 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Vicar of Aymestrey. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew. A charity school here is endowed with about £9 a year, and a house and garden for the master. There is also an almshouse.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1831
Family History Links
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Leominster
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Leominster
- Poor Law Union: Leominster
- Hundred: Wigmore
- Province: Canterbury