Margaret (St.), a parish in the district and county of Hereford; near the river Dore, 3¼ miles NW by N of Abbeydore, and 5½ NNW of Pontrilas r. station. Posttown, Abbeydore, under Hereford. Acres, 2,582. Real property, £2,032. Pop., 343. Houses, 66. The property is much subdivided. The surface is hilly and well wooded; and the higher grounds command extensive views. Stone is quarried. The living is a Vicarage, united with the vicarage of Michaelchurch-Eskley, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £162. Patron, Lady Langdale. The church is ancient, and was partially restored in 1866. Charities, £17.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Margaret’s (St.), 11 miles S.W. Hereford. P. 304
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.