Bolstone is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Alternative names: Boulstone
Parish church: St. John (now closed and semi-derelict.)
Parish registers begin: 1765
Parishes adjacent to Bolstone
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Boulstone, or Bolstone, a parish in the district and county of Hereford; adjacent to the Monmouth and Hereford railway, and to the river Wye, 1¼ mile S by W of Holme Lacy r. station, and 5½ SSE of Hereford. Post Town, Holme-Lacy, under Hereford. Acres, 657. Real property, £812. Pop., 61. Houses, 13. The property is not much divided. The manor belongs to Sir E. F. Stanhope, Bart. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Holme-Lacy, in the diocese of Hereford. The church has a square tower, and is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Boulstone, 5 miles S.E. Hereford. P. 83.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1831
Boulstone, a chapelry in the parish of Hom-Lacey, hundred of Webtree, county of Hereford, containing 75 inhabitants.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1831
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Hereford; Ross
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Archenfield
- Poor Law Union: Ross
- Hundred: Wormelow
- Province: Canterbury