Westcote, Gloucestershire Family History Guide
Westcote is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1630
Parishes adjacent to Westcote
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WESTCOTE, a parish in Stow-on-the-Wold district, Gloucester: 3 miles SSE of Stow-on-the-Wold r. station. Post town, Chipping-Norton. Acres, 1,503. Real property, £2,219. Pop., 245. Houses, 53. The manor belongs to the Rev. T. P. Pantin. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £209. Patron, the Rev. T. P. Pantin. The church is chiefly Norman.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Westcote, a parish in the upper division of the hund. of Slaughter, union of Stow-on-the-Wold, county of Gloucester; 4 miles south-east by south of Stow-on-the-Wold. Living, a rectory in the archd. of Gloucester and dio. of Gloucester and Bath; rated at £9 7s. 3½d.; nett value £209. Patron, in 1841, the Rev. T. P. Pantin. Acres 1,200. Houses 35. A.P. £1,834. Pop., in 1801, 127; in 1831, 188. Poor rates, in 1838, £29 6s.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Marriages at Westcote 1630-1812
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Stow on the Wold
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 – Gloucester, Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Stow
- Poor Law Union: Stow on the Wold
- Hundred: Slaughter
- Province: Canterbury