Bledington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Alternative names: Bladington
Parish church: St Leonard
Parish registers begin: 1703
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Bledington
- Sarsden with Churchill
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BLEDINGTON, or Bladington, a parish in Stow-on-the-Wold district, Gloucester; on the verge of the county and on the Oxford and Worcester railway, 2¾ miles S of Addlestrop station, and 4 SE of Stow-on-the-Wold. Post Town, Stow-on-the-Wold, under Moretonin-the-Marsh. Acres, 1,110. Real property, £2,868. Pop., 396. Houses, 91. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the dio. of G. and Bristol. Value, £88. Patron, Christ Church, Oxford. The church is ancient. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Bledington, or Bladington, a parish in the upper division of the hund. of Slaughter, union of Stow-on-the-Wold, county of Gloucester; 4 miles south-east of Stow-on-the-Wold. Living, a discharged vicarage in the archd. of Gloucester and dio. of Gloucester and Bristol; rated at £6 13s. 4d., and in the parliamentary returns at £70; gross income £88; in the patronage of the dean and chapter of Christ church, Oxford. All tithes, the property of the dean and chapter of Christ church, Oxford, were commuted in 1769. There are a daily and a day and Sunday school here. Pop., in 1801, 282; in 1831, 335. Houses 71. Acres 1,110. A. P. £2,567. Poor rates, in 1837, £145.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Bledington, 4m, S.E. Stow. P. 354
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Marriages Out of Parish
|Surname||Forename||Parish Married in||Date|
|Washbrook||William||Westcote||2 Oct. 1804|
|Rily||John||Westcote||15 Aug. 1767|
|Phipps||William||Westcote||1 Apr. 1771|
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Stow on the Wold
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 – Gloucester, Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Stow
- Poor Law Union: Stow on the Wold
- Hundred: Slaughter
- Province: Canterbury