Lassington, Gloucestershire Family History Guide



Lassington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.

Parish church:

Parish registers begin: 1655

Nonconformists include:

Parishes adjacent to Lassington

  • Hartpury
  • Highnam
  • Maisemore

Historical Descriptions


The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

LASSINGTON, a parish in the district and county of Gloucester; on an affluent of the river Leadon, and on the Hereford and Gloucester canal, 2 miles NW of Gloucester r. station. Post-town, Gloucester. Acres, 535. Real property, £835. Pop., 73. Houses, 12. Most of the property belongs to Sir J. W. Guise, Bart. A very large oak is here, known as the Lassington Oak. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £120. Patrons, Sir J. W. Guise, Bart., and the Bishop of Gloucester. The church is good.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Poll Books

Lassington Poll Book 1834 – Google Books

Directories

Lassington Morris Gloucestershire Directory 1876

Administration

  • County: Gloucestershire
  • Civil Registration District: Gloucester
  • Probate Court: Pre-1541 – Court of the Bishop of Hereford, Post-1541 – Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 – Gloucester
  • Rural Deanery: Gloucester
  • Poor Law Union: Gloucester
  • Hundred: Dudstone and King’s Barton
  • Province: Canterbury


Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.