Lasborough, Gloucestershire Family History Guide



Lasborough is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.

Parish church: St. Mary

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1827
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: None

Nonconformists include:

Parishes adjacent to Lasborough

  • Newington Bagpath
  • Tetbury
  • Beverston
  • Boxwell with Leighterton

Historical Descriptions

Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870

Lasborough, a chapelry in Weston-Birt parish, Gloucester; among the Cotswolds, 5 miles W by N of Tetbury, and 6 ½ SE of Frocester r. station. Post-town, Wotton-under-Edge. Pop., 65. The manor belongs R. S. Holford, Esq. A Roman settlement was here. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £150. Patron, R. S. Holford, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1861, in the early English style.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72]

Administration

  • County: Gloucestershire
  • Civil Registration District: Tetbury
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Pre 1836 – Gloucester, Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol
  • Rural Deanery: Stonehouse
  • Poor Law Union: Tetbury
  • Hundred: Longtree
  • Province: Canterbury