Llanddewi’r Cwm, Breconshire Family History Guide
Status: Ancient Parish
Alternative names: Llanddewi-Cwm
Parish church: St David
Parish registers begin: Baptisms & Burials 1765, Marriages 1755
Public elementary school built in 1864 for 35 children.
Parishes adjacent to Llanddewi’r Cwm
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LLANDDEWI’R-CWM, a parish in Builth district, Brecon, on the river Dihonw, an affluent of the Wye, 2 miles S by W of Builth r. station. Post town, Builth, Breconshire. Acres, 3,101. Real property, £1,889. Pop., 215. Houses, 40. The surface shows some pleasant scenery. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. David’s. Value, £81. Patron, alternately R. Price, Esq., and V. Pocock, Esq. Charities, £6.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Llan-Ddewir-Cwm, 2 m. S. Builth. P. 244
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
County: Breconshire / Powys
Civil Registration District:
Diocese: St David
Rural Deanery: Builth
Poor Law Union: Builth
County Court District: Builth
Area: South Wales