Oakridge is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Gloucestershire, created in 1849 from Bisley Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin: 1849
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Oakridge
- Duntisbourne Rouse
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
OAKRIDGE, a village and a chapelry in Bisley parish, Gloucester. The village stands under the Cotswolds, near the Thames and Severn canal, 2 miles NE of Brimscombe r. station, and 4½ E by S of Stroud. The chapelry was constituted in 1849; and its post town is Bisley, under Stroud. Pop. in 1861, 875. Houses, 217. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £64. Patron, the Bishop of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is a modern edifice, in the early English style; and consists of nave and chancel, with porch and tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Stroud
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Stonehouse
- Poor Law Union: Stroud
- Hundred: Bisley
- Province: Canterbury