Last Updated on
Tirley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Other places in the parish include: Haw.
Parish church: St. Matthew
Parish registers begin: 1653
Nonconformists include: Bible Christian Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Tirley
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TIRLEY, a parish, with Haw hamlet, in Tewkesbury district, Gloucester; on the river Severn, 4½ miles SW by S of Tewkesbury r. station. It has a postal pillar-box under Tewkesbury. Acres, 1,850. Real property, £4,490. Pop., 539. Houses, 129. The property is much subdivided. A bridge spans the Severn at Haw; and was built in 1825, at a cost of £24,349. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £417. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is decorated English. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £80.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Marriages at Tirley 1655-1812
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Tewkesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 – Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Winchcombe
- Poor Law Union: Tewkesbury
- Hundred: Deerhurst; Westminster (Gloucestershire)
- Province: Canterbury