Tibberton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1659
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Tibberton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TIBBERTON, a parish in Newent district, Gloucester; 3½ miles SE of Newent, and 4½ NE by N of Grange-Court r. station. Post town, Gloucester. Acres, 1,400. Real property, £2,919. Pop., 391. Houses, 78. The manor, with T. Court, belongs to W. P. Price, Esq. Meredith is the seat of Lady Wedderburn. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £328. Patron, the Rev. H. D. Y. Scott. The church is good; and there are a Wesleyan chapel, a British school, and charities £12.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Newent
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 – Court of the Bishop of Hereford, Post-1541 – Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 – Gloucester, Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Forest
- Poor Law Union: Newent
- Hundred: Duchy of Lancaster
- Province: Canterbury