Hadzor is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire.
Alternative Names: Hadsor
Parish Church: St. John
Parish registers begin: 1554
A Roman Catholic church, dedicated to St. Richard de Wych, of Droitwich, and Bishop of Chichester, who died in 1252, was opened on July 16th, 1878.
Parishes adjacent to Hadzor
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales 1870
Hadsor, a parish in Droitwich district, Worcester; on the Saltway, the Birmingham and Worcester canal, and the Birmingham and Bristol railway, 1 mile SE of Droitwich. Post town, Droitwich. Acres, 940. Real property, £1, 525. Pop., 158. Houses, 29. Hadsor Hall, a handsome mansion, is the seat of the Galtons. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £254. Patron, J. H. Galton, Esq. The church is ancient, and was restored in 1835.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Hadsor – a small parish in the hundred of Halfshire, upper division, 1 mile S.E. from Droitwich, and 119 from London; containing 22 inhabited houses. It is a rectory; Rev. Richard H. Amphlett, incumbent in his own right; instituted 1808. Population, 1801, 90 – 1811, 97 – 1821, 135.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
Family History Links
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Droitwich
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Droitwich
- Poor Law Union: Droitwich
- Hundred: Halfshire
- Province: Canterbury
- Petty Sessional Division: Droitwich
- County Court District: Droitwich
- Highway District: Redditch