Peopleton is a small parish, about 6 miles E. from Worcester, and 3½ N.W. from Pershore, containing in 1851 a population of 266 inhabitants.

The Church is a small plain building, in the gothic style of architecture, containing only a nave and chancel, with a gallery. There is a small tower, with three bells. The living is a Rectory. Rev. George Dineley, B.D., Rector; Mr. John Sharvington, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., alternately.

DIRECTORY

Dineley Rev. George, B.D., Rector, Rectory

Goldingham Edwin, Esq., Norchard House

Ballinger Thomas, farmer

Boucher Thomas, wheelwright and carpenter

Ballinger William, farmer and shopkeeper

Cox John, shopkeeper

Ganderton John, shopkeeper

Horne David, farmer

Lewis John, farmer

Lilly Joseph, shoe maker

Manton Jane, victualler, Crown

Morris John, farmer, The Stone Bow Farm

Pearse William, farmer, Starve Hall

Rogers James, blacksmith and shopkeeper

Rogers Thomas, farmer

Stanton John, miller

Taylor James, farmer

Vardin Richard, farmer, The Grange

Willmore James, wheelwright and carpenter

Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855