Great Comberton is a small parish, situate about 2 ½ miles from Pershore, on the river Avon, and contained in 1851 a population of 239 inhabitants.
The Church, dedicated to St. Michael, is a small, ancient-looking structure, with square turreted tower. The living is a Discharged Rectory, in the diocese of Worcester. Rev. Charles Hubert Parker, Rector; Mr. Robert Groves, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. There is a small Parochial School, supported by contributions and the children’s payments. Elizabeth Mann, Mistress. Average number of scholars, 14.
Parker Rev. Charles Hubert, Rector
Brown William, coal merchant
Freeman George, farmer
Goddard John, farmer
Groves Robert, boot and shoe maker
Mytton Edward, farmer
Phipps Mary, farmer
Ricketts Walter, farmer
Smith Edward, farmer
Smith Edward, shopkeeper
Woods John, farmer
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855