Grafton Flyford is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire.
Alternative names: Grafton-Super-Flyford, Flyford Grafton
Other places in the parish include: Libbery.
Parish Church: St. John
Parish registers begin: 1676
Parishes adjacent to Grafton Flyford
- Upton Snodsbury
- North Piddle
Historical Descriptions of Grafton Flyford
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
Flyford Grafton, a parish in Pershore district, Worcester; 2 ¾ miles E of Spetchley r. station, and 6 ½ N by E of Pershore. It includes the hamlet of Libbery. Post-town, Spetchley, under Worcester. Acres, 1,640. Real property, £1,832. Pop., 225. Houses, 52. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £75. Patron, the Earl of Coventry. The church is ancient, with a pinnacled tower; and was recently in bad condition. An endowed school has £31; and other charities £8.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Flyford-Grafton, a parish in the upper division of the hund. of Pershore, union of Pershore, county of Worcester; 7 miles east-east by north of Worcester. Living, a rectory in the archd, and dio. of Worcester; rated at £20 0s. 10d.; gross income £120. Patron, in 1835, the Earl of Coventry. Here is a school with a moderate endowment. Charities, £27 per annum. Poor rates, in 1838, £53 7s. Acres 1,640. Houses 48. A. P. £2,343. Pop., in 1801, 184; in 1831, 242.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Grafton Flyford – a parish in the hundred of Pershore, upper division, 7 ½ miles E. from Worcester, and 112 from London; containing 43 inhabited houses. Here is a good free school for all the boys in the parish: at present there are two masters, chosen by opposite parties, who are contending in Chancery, which has the right of choice. The living is a rectory; Rev. Richard Darke, incumbent; instituted 1797; patron, the Earl of Coventry. Population, 1801, 184 – 1811, 221 – 1821, 241.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
Family History Links for Grafton Flyford
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Pershore
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Pershore
- Poor Law Union: Pershore
- Hundred: Pershore
- Province: Canterbury
- Petty Sessional Division: Pershore
- County Court District: Pershore
- Highway District: Upton Snodsbury
- Polling District: Inkberrow