Orleton is a chapelry of Eastham Ancient Parish in Worcestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1760
Parishes adjacent to Orleton
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales 1870
Orleton, a chapelry in Eastham parish, Worcester; on the river Teme, 4½ miles S E of Neen-Sollers r. station, and 6½ E by S of Tenbury. Post-town, Tenbury. Acres, 538. Rated property, £757. Pop., 99. Houses, 20. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Eastham, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is good.
Source: Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales 1870
Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Orleton – a hamlet and chapelry in the parish of Eastham, and hundred of Doddingtree, upper division, 6 miles E.S.E. from Tenbury, and 128 from London; containing 23 inhabited houses. A new chapel has lately been built by the inhabitants, who were liberally assisted by Sir Thomas Winnington and Col. Newport. Population, 1801, 89 – 1811, 111 – 1821, 135.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
Family History Links
The following records for Orleton are available free from FamilySearch.
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Tenbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Burford
- Poor Law Union: Tenbury
- Hundred: Doddingtree
- Province: Canterbury