Last Updated on
Pensax is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Worcestershire, created in 1843 from a chapelry in Lindridge Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin: 1563
Parishes adjacent to Pensax
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
Pensax, a chapelry in Lindridge parish, Worcester; 4 ½ miles SE of Cleobury Mortimer r. station, and 6 SW of Bewdley. Post-town, Stockton, Worcestershire, under Tenbury. Acres, 1,190. Rated property, £1,543. Houses, 114. The property is divided among a few. Pen Hall and Pensax Court are chief residences. Coal is worked. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £100. Patron, the Vicar of Lindridge. The church is a neat building, with a tower.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Pensax – a hamlet and chapelry to the parish of Lindridge, hundred of Oswaldslow, lower division, 7 miles S.W. from Bewdley, and 126 from London; containing 109 inhabited houses. Population, 1801, 469 – 1811, 495 – 1821, 574.
Pensax-Court, in the above village, the residence of Thomas Clutton Brock, Esq.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Martley
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Burford
- Poor Law Union: Martley
- Hundred: Oswaldslow
- Province: Canterbury