Pendock is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire.
Parish church: dedication unknown
Parish registers begin: 1558
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Pendock Cross church, also known as The Redeemer Church, was built in 1899 as a temporary mission church, but is still in use. It has an outdoor font which is stacked up on bricks.
Parishes adjacent to Pendock
- Redmarley D’Abitot
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
Pendock, a parish, with a village, in the district of Tewkesbury and county of Worcester; adjacent to Gloucestershire, 5 ½ miles WNW of Tewkesbury r. station. Post-town, Tewkesbury. Acres, 1,163. Real property, £2,056. Pop., 329. Houses, 74. The manor belonged to Worcester abbey. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £330. Patron, the per. W. S. Symonds. The church is old, and has a tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £6.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1831
Pendock, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of Oswaldslow, though locally in the lower division of that of Pershore, county of Worcester, 5½ miles (S. S. W.) from Upton upon Severn, containing 276 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Worcester, rated in the king’s books at £11. 2. 11. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1831
Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Pendock – a parish in the hundred of Oswaldslow, lower division, 5 miles S.W. from Upton, and 106 from London; containing 53 inhabited houses. It is a rectory; Rev. Richard F. Davis, D.D. incumbent; instituted 1810; patron, Lord Bellamont. Population, 1801, 211 – 1811, 246 – 1821, 276.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
Family History Links
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Tewkesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Powyke
- Poor Law Union: Tewkesbury
- Hundred: Oswaldslow
- Province: Canterbury