Pendock Worcestershire Billings Directory 1855



Pendock is a small village and parish, situate about 6 miles from Tewkesbury, and 5½ from Upton-upon-Severn; the population at the last census was 302.

The Church is a small old edifice, situate near the Ledbury and Tewkesbury turnpike road, with square tower, but possessing no architectural features worthy of note. The living is a Rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Worcester. Rev. W. S. Simmons, Incumbent; Mr. James Brewer, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 30 p.m.

There is a small Wesleyan Chapel in the parish. No stated minister. Service – 10 30 a.m. and 6 p.m.

DIRECTORY

Simmons Rev. W. S., Incumbent

Brooks Francis, farmer, Portway

Clarke John, farmer, Moore Court

Dance William, blacksmith

Davies Henry, blacksmith, Cromer Green

Davies William, shopkeeper and blacksmith

Fisher Richard, carpenter

Fisher William, farmer

Green Moses, farmer, Cromer Pit

Griffiths William, mason, Cromer Green

Hawker James, mason and shopkeeper

Humphries John, bailiff and farmer

Huntley Thomas, shoe maker

Lane William, shoe maker and beer retailer

Paine Edward, carpenter and wheelwright

Paine William, carpenter and wheelwright

Pope William, farmer, Priory Court

Rivers Charles, boarding school

Short William, farmer and beer retailer, Cromer Green

Stillman William, tailor

Stock John, farmer, Berrow

Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855