Warndon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire.
Warndon parish also includes: Upper and Lower Smite, Trotshill, Wood Green and Tolladine.
Parish church: St. Nicholas
The earliest register is dated 1561.
Nonconformists in Warndon: Roman Catholics
Parishes adjacent to Warndon
- Worcester St Martin
- Martin Hussingtree
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Warndon, a parish in Droitwich district, Worcestershire; 2½ miles NE of Worcester r. station. Post town, Worcester. Acres, 988. Real property, £1,589. Pop., 164. Houses, 39. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £151. Patron, R. Berkeley, Esq. The church is plain.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Warndon – a parish in the hundred of Oswaldslow, lower division, 3 miles E.N.E. from Worcester, and 112 from London; containing 28 inhabited houses. It is a rectory; the Rev. Slade Nash, incumbent; instituted 1791; patron, Lord Somers. Population, 1801, 126 – 1811, 161 – 1821, 177.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
Family History Links
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Droitwich
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: East Worcester
- Poor Law Union: Droitwich
- Hundred: Oswaldslow
- Province: Canterbury
- Petty Sessional Division: Worcester
- Polling District: Worcester
- County Court District: Worcester
- Highway District: Upton Snodsbury