Evenlode, Worcestershire Family History Guide
Evenlode is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1561
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
Parishes adjacent to Evenlode
- Little Compton
- Moreton in Marsh
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EVENLODE, a parish in the district of Stow-on-the-Wold, and county of Worcester; on the river Evenlode near its source, and contiguous to the West Midland railway and to the boundary with Gloucestershire, 3½ miles SSE of Moreton-in-the-Marsh. Post town, Moreton-in-the-Marsh. Acres, 1,563. Real property, £2,876. Pop., 276. Houses, 69. The property is much subdivided. The manor was known at Domesday as Eunilade, and belonged to Worcester church. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £396. Patron, Mrs. Ann James. The church is ancient but good; and there are charities £10.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Evenlode, a parish in the upper division of the hund. of Oswaldslow, union of Stow-on-the-Wold, county of Worcester, but located in the upper division of the hund. of Westminster, county of Gloucester; 4 miles east of Moreton-in-the-Marsh. Living, a rectory in the archd. and dio. of Worcester; rated at £11 11s. 8d.; gross income £420. Tithes commuted in 1839; aggregate amount £44 15s. Patroness, in 1835, Mrs. James. Here is a daily school. Charities, in 1832, £10 per annum. Poor rates, in 1838, £155 1s. Acres 1,560. Houses 65. A.P. £3,276. Pop., in 1801, 227; in 1831, 312.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Evenload – a parish in the hundred of Oswaldslow, upper division, 3 miles E. from Moreton-in-the-Marsh, and 81 from London, surrounded by Gloucestershire; containing 42 inhabited houses. It is a rectory, in the Archdeaconry of Gloucester; Rev. William James, incumbent; instituted 1805; patron George W. Perrott, Esq. Population, 1801, 227 – 1811, 273 – 1821, 297.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Stow on the Wold
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Blockley
- Poor Law Union: Stow on the Wold
- Hundred: Oswaldslow
- Province: Canterbury