Evenlode Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855



Evenlode is a small parish situate in a detached part of the county, about 3 miles from Moreton-in-the-Marsh, with a population in 1851 of 312 inhabitants.

The Church is a small, plain erection, dedicated to St. Edward. Rev. Charles James, Vicar; Mr. William Bryan, Clerk. Service – 10 a.m. and 2 30 p.m.

DIRECTORY

James Mrs. A.

James Rev. Charles, Vicar, Vicarage

Bartleet George, shopkeeper

Bartleet James, tailor

Bartleet John, carpenter

Bartleet Thomas, farmer

Betts Robert, victualler

Breakspeare John, blacksmith

Bryan George, farmer

Cluff Thomas, farmer

Fletcher John, farmer

Gillett William, farmer

Harrison Isaac, farmer

Holtham George, farmer

Kibble Richard, farmer

Newman George, mason

Restall George, shopkeeper

Tidmarsh Samuel, farmer

Post Office – Arrival, 10 a.m.; despatch, 6 p.m.

Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855