Hillesley is a chapelry of Hawkesbury Ancient Parish in Gloucestershire.
Other places in the parish include: Kilcott.
Parish registers begin: 1851
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Parishes adjacent to Hillesley
- Wotton under Edge
- Didmarton with Oldbury on the Hill
- Boxwell with Leighterton
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Hildesley, a tything in Hawkesbury parish, county of Gloucester; 3 miles east-north-east of Wickwar. Pop., in 1811, 424; in 1831, 630. Houses 125. Other returns with the parish.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Killcot, in Newent parish. P. 296
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Chipping Sodbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Hawkesbury
- Poor Law Union: Chipping Sodbury
- Hundred: Grumbald’s Ash
- Province: Canterbury