Last Updated on
Elberton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish church: St. John
Parish registers begin: 1763
Parishes adjacent to Elberton
Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Elberton, a parish in Thornbury district, Gloucester; near the river Severn, 2 miles E of North Passage r. Station, and 2 1/2 SW of Thornbury. Post-town, Thornbury, under Bristol. Acres, 1,673; of which 150 are water. Real property, £2,769. Pop., 180. Houses, 31. The property is divided among a few. Remains exist of a Roman camp of two acres. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £226. Patron, the Bishop of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is good. Charities, £5.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A Fullerton & Co. N.d.c. [1870-72].
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Thornbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Bristol (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 – Gloucester, Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Bristol
- Poor Law Union: Thornbury
- Hundred: Berkeley (Gloucestershire)
- Province: Canterbury