Bishops Wood Herefordshire & Gloucestershire Family History Guide
Bishop’s Wood is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the counties of Herefordshire and Gloucestershire, Ceated in 1845 from Walford Ancient Parish (Herefordshire) and Ruardean Ecclesiastical Parish.
Alternative names: Bishopswood
Parish registers begin: 1841
Parishes adjacent to Bishop’s Wood
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BISHOPSWOOD, a chapelry in Walford and Ruardean parishes, Hereford; on the river Wye, 3¼ miles SSW of Ross r. station. It was constituted in 1845; and its Post Town is Walford under Ross. Acres and property, not reported. Pop., 403. Houses, 100. The property is much subdivided; and there are iron-works. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £35. Patron, J. Partridge, Esq. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch – Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
- County: Herefordshire; Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Ross
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory); Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Ross
- Poor Law Union: Ross
- Hundred: Greytree; St Briavels
- Province: Canterbury