Clapton is a chapelry of Bourton on the Water Ancient Parish in Gloucestershire.
Alternative names: Clapton-on-the-Hill
Parish registers begin: For records see Bourton on the Water
Nonconformists include: Particular Baptist
Parishes adjacent to Clapton
- Bourton on the Water
- Great Rissington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CLAPTON-ON-THE-HILL, a parish in Stow-on-the Wold district, Gloucester; under the Cotswolds, 4¼ miles NE of Northleach, and 7¾ SW of Addlestrop r. station. Post town, Northleach, under Cheltenham. Acres, 783. Real property, £1, 249. Pop., 123. Houses, 27. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Bourton-on-the-Water, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is old and small.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Clapton, 3m. N.E. Northleach. P. 117
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Stow on the Wold
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Stow
- Poor Law Union: Stow on the Wold
- Hundred: Slaughter
- Province: Canterbury