Aston Somerville Kellys Gloucestershire Directory 1856
Aston Somerville is a township, village, and parish, 5 miles from Evesham station on the Oxford, Worcester, and Wolverhampton line of railway, 4 from Broadway, 24 from Gloucester, and 93 north-west from London, in the lower division of the Hundred of Kiftsgate, Evesham Union, and bishopric of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is a stone building, having a tower, chancel, nave, and 2 bells. The living is a rectory, of the value of £272 per year, in the gift of Lord Somerville; the Rev. George Head, M.A., is the present incumbent. The acreage contained in the parish is 901 acres, and the rateable value £1,387. Lord Somerville is lord of the manor. The population, in 1851, was 80.
Head Rev. George, M.A. Rectory
Crowther William, farmer
Letters are received through Evesham. The nearest money order office is at Broadway.
Source: Post Office Directory of Gloucestershire with Bath and Bristol. Printed and Published by Kelly and Co., 19, 20 & 21, Old Boswell Court, St. Clement’s, Strand, London. 1856.