Aston Somerville Kellys Gloucestershire Directory 1863
Aston Somerville is a village and parish, 5 miles from Evesham station on the Oxford, Worcester, and Wolverhampton line of railway, 4 from Broadway, 24 from Gloucester, and 93 north-west from London, in the lower division of the hundred of Kiftsgate, Evesham union and county court district, bishopric of Gloucester and Bristol, archdeaconry of Gloucester, and rural deanery of Campden. The church (name unknown) is a stone building, having a chancel, nave and tower with 2 bells; in the church is an ancient stone figure of a knight in armour, supposed to have been one of the Somervilles. The living is a rectory, annual value £272, in the gift of Lord Somerville; the Rev. George Head, M.A., of Trinity College, Cambridge, is the incumbent. The area of the parish is 991 acres; the rateable value, £1,387. Lord Somerville is lord of the manor and principal landowner. The population in 1861 was 165.
Head Rev. George, M.A., Rectory
Crowther William, farmer
Letters are received through Evesham. The nearest money order office is at Broadway.
Source: Post Office Directory of Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Shropshire and the City of Bristol, Printed and Published by Kelly and Co., Old Boswell Court, St. Clement’s, Strand, London. 1863.