Rockhampton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish church: St. Oswald
Parish registers begin: 1565
Parishes adjacent to Rockhampton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ROCKHAMPTON, a parish, with a village, in Thornbury district, Gloucester; 2 miles N N E of Thornbury, and 4¾ W by N of Charfield r. station. Post-town, Thornbury, under Bristol. Acres, 1,206. Real property, £2,740. Pop., 248. Houses, 50. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to Major Peach. R. Lodge is the seat of F. Brooks, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £289. Patron, Mrs. Coates. The church was partly rebuilt in 1862. Charities, £14.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Rockhampton, 1 m. N. Thornbury. P. 208
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Thornbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 – Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Dursley
- Poor Law Union: Thornbury
- Hundred: Berkeley (Gloucestershire); Langley and Swinehead
- Province: Canterbury