Last Updated on
Rangeworthy is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Gloucestershire, created in 1745 from chapelry in Thornbury Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin: 1704
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Rangeworthy
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
RANGEWORTHY, a chapelry in Thornbury parish, Gloucester; near the Bristol and Gloucester railway, 3 miles S W of Wickwar r. station. Post-town, Chipping-Sodbury. Real property, £1,989; of which £50 are in mines. Pop., 250. Houses, 67. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to W. D. Phelps, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £80. Patron, the Vicar of Thornbury. The church has a Norman arch, and was restored in 1851 There are chapels for Independents and Wesleyans, and an endowed school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Rangeworthy, or Raingworthy, a chapelry and hamlet in Thornbury parish, county of Gloucester; 3 miles south-west of Wickwar. Living, a perpetual curacy, formerly in the archd. and dio. of Gloucester, now in the dio. of Gloucester and Bristol; certified at £9; gross income £38. Patron, the vicar of Thorubury. Here is a daily school. Houses 72. Pop., in 1801, 230; in 1831, 331. Poor rates, in 1838, £52.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Thornbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Hawkesbury
- Poor Law Union: Thornbury
- Hundred: Thornbury
- Province: Canterbury