Parish church: St Matthew
Parish registers begin: 1844
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Parishes adjacent to Twigworth
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Twigworth, a hamlet in St. Mary-de-Lode parish, and a chapelry, partly also in St. Catherine parish, Gloucestershire. The hamlet lies 2½ miles N of Gloucester r. station. Real property, £1,398. Pop., 178. Houses, 34. The chapelry was constituted in 1844. Post town, Gloucester. Pop., 552. Houses, 103. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £100. Patron, the Bishop of G. and B. The church is modern, and has a lofty spire.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Twigworth, 3m. N.N.E. Gloucester. P. 136
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1831
Twigworth, a hamlet in that part of the parish of St. Mary de Lode, Gloucester, which is in the upper division of the hundred of Dudstone and King’s Barton, county of Gloucester, 2 miles (N. N. E.) from Gloucester, containing 90 inhabitants.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1831
Family History Links
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Gloucester
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Gloucester
- Poor Law Union: Gloucester
- Hundred: Dudstone and King’s Barton
- Province: Canterbury