Last Updated on
Westonbirt is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1598
Parishes adjacent to Westonbirt
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WESTON-BIRT, a parish in Tetbury district, Gloucester; 3 miles SW by S of Tetbury, and 10 SW of Tetbury-Road r. station. It has a post-office under Tetbury. Acres, 1,904. Real property, with Lasborough, £2,432. Pop., 190. Houses, 38. The property belongs to R. S. Holford, Esq.; and W.-B. House is his seat. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £226. Patron, R. S. Holford, Esq. The church was restored in 1841. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Marriages at Westonbirt 1596 to 1812
Gloucestershire Parish Registers. Marriages. Edited by W. P. W. Phillimore, M.A., B.C.L., Vol VI. Issued to the Subscribers by Phillimore & Co., 124, Chancery Lane, London. 1900.
Author: Phillimore, W. P. W. (William Phillimore Watts), 1853-1913, ed; Blagg, Thomas Matthews
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Tetbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 – Gloucester, Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Stonehouse
- Poor Law Union: Tetbury
- Hundred: Longtree
- Province: Canterbury