Winson is a chapelry of Bibury Ancient Parish in Gloucestershire.
Alternative names: Winston
Parish church: St. Michael
Parish registers begin: 1577
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Winson
- Coln St Dennis
- Coln Rogers
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WINSON, a chapelry in Bibury parish, Gloucester; 6 miles NE of Cirencester r. station. Post town, Fairford, under Swindon. Acres, 1,190. Rated property, £1,454. Pop., 181. Houses, 49. The manor belongs to Sir W. A Musgrave. The living is annexed to Bibury. The church is good; and there is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Winston, in Bibury, 6 miles N.W. Cirencester. P. 202
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Northleach
- Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of Bibury
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Fairford
- Poor Law Union: Northleach
- Hundred: Bradley
- Province: Canterbury