Winstone, Gloucestershire Family History Guide
Winstone is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1540
Nonconformists include: Baptist
Parishes adjacent to Winstone
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WINSTONE, a parish, with a village, in Cirencester district, Gloucester; 6 miles N W by N of Cirencester r. station. It has a post-office under Cirencester. Acres, 1,437. Real property, £1,046. Pop., 230. Houses, 53. The manor belongs to Sir J. Rolt. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £290. Patron, Sir J. Rolt. The church is early English. There are a Baptist chapel and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Marriages at Winstone 1540 to 1837
Gloucestershire Parish Registers. Marriages. Edited by W. P. W. Phillimore, M.A., B.C.L., Vol XVI. Issued to the Subscribers by Phillimore & Co., 124, Chancery Lane, London. 1900.
Author: Phillimore, W. P. W. (William Phillimore Watts), 1853-1913, ed; Blagg, Thomas Matthews
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Cirencester
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 – Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Stonehouse
- Poor Law Union: Cirencester
- Hundred: Bisley
- Province: Canterbury